OsCommerce was born in 2000, an open-source web application (OpenSource) that lets you set up a shop within minutes to sell online. It consists of two parts mainly the front and back-end, as the part that we see around the world, the store itself, and the administration, where you can keep your own virtual store, updating products, inserting new offers , categories, languages, currencies, check orders, and customers free of charge by the seller without any programming skills.
One of the benefits of open source is being updated daily by your community, adding contributions of all kinds. Payment modules, shipping, contributions to the design, such as templates, as well as new features, news and rss reader.
OsCommerce is the best open source solutions available for creating virtual stores, besides being free and easy to administer. Programmed in PHP works on Apache servers and uses MySQL as database server.
Currently almost all hosting companies offer a solution with OsCommerce already installed, but it is really easy to install in just 5 clicks to “install” it incorporates.
Main features of OsCommerce:
The basic installation oscommerce, has some default characteristics, that after we can modify or by administrative or using contributions, such as new payment modules e-pay, shipping Seur or other.
These are the main features of the installation of Oscommerce:
- Orders, customers and products are stored in a database via user-friendly web-administration.
- Customers can check the history and order status once registered.
- Customers can change their user profile data from the client section.
- Multiple shipping addresses per user, for example gifts.
- Product search.
- Ability to allow users to rate the products purchased, besides commenting.
- Possibility of implementing a secure server host SSL.
- You can display the number of products in each of the categories.
- Global list or category of best sellers and most viewed.
- Easy and intuitive navigation categories.
- Multi-language platform, the default will be available in Spanish, English and German.
- Dynamic relationships between products.
- Product descriptions based on HTML.
- Automatic generation of special products.
- Controls the ability to show or not the store exhausted products.
- Possibility to provide users with a subscription to a newsletter news.
- Medios de pago offline (transferencias, cheques, ingresos, etc.).
- Offline payment methods transfers, checks, receipts, etc.
- Many online payment methods E-Paid, PayPal, Virtual POS, etc.
- Ability to disable some payment methods according to user’s geographic area.
- Ability to add the VAT by geographical area and by product, such as Nigeria have no VAT.
- Shipping prices by weight and location.
- Real prices in real time for some operators UPS, FedEx.
- Free shipping and order amount according to destination.
- Ability to disable certain shipping services based on geographical areas.
To request a quote click here and send us a message asking what you need.