Microsoft SQL Server is a system for managing databases produced by Microsoft based on the relational model. Their languages for queries are T-SQL and ANSI SQL. Microsoft SQL Server is Microsoft’s alternative to other management systems powerful databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL.
Features of Microsoft SQL Server:
- Transaction support.
- Scalability, stability and security.
- Supports stored procedures.
- It also includes a powerful graphical management environment, which allows the use of DDL and DML commands graphically.
- Lets work in client-server mode, where information and data are hosted on the server and the client terminal or network access information only.
- Besides allows to manage information to other data servers.
This system includes a reduced version, called with the same MSDE database engine but aimed at smaller projects, which in its 2005 and 2008 versions becomes the SQL Express Edition, which is distributed for free.
It is common to develop complete projects complementing Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Access via the so-called ADP (Access Data Project). Thus completes the database (Microsoft SQL Server), with the development environment (VBA Access), through the implementation of two-layer applications using Windows forms.
In SQL management via the command line using the SQLCMD.
For the development of complex applications (three or more layers), Microsoft SQL Server includes access interfaces for various development platforms including .NET, but the server is only available for Operating Systems.
To request a quote click here and send us a message asking what you need.